As a part of the continual programme of improvement to our Engage school management system, release 2020.08 contains a series of new features requested and voted on by our community of school users.
- A new Extract DMS (Document Management System) Files option has been added to Pupil, Pupil Contact and Staff DMS Panels. This will export all selected DMS items to one zip folder with further options to distinguish between records and provide file passwords. Multiple entities of the same type can also be added to the same extraction, providing a convenient way to access the documents you need in one bundle.
- Additional Examination Access Arrangement fields have been added throughout the Examinations module, enabling customisation of Student Access arrangements and assisting with the identification of Candidates’ needs.
- A new option has also been added for ‘Show More Details’ in the Exam Results screen on the Portal, to assist easier and faster identification of specific exam entries. Once enabled, the further Examination details for ‘Exam Codes’ and ‘Endorsement Grades’ will be displayed in the Results grid. This ensures users can more easily differentiate between exam entries and view endorsement data in the same screen.
- A new option for viewing Class Assessment type columns has been added to the Performance Tracking screens in the Portal. Column identifiers have also been added to differentiate between the types. This ensures greater access for users, with all the marksheet data stored for pupils in one place.
- A new option for displaying the Assessments grid in the Pupil Portal has been added. As part of this update, Pupil View and Pupil Edit options are now available when creating the initial Class columns. This enables pupils to view tracking data for both class and reporting assessment data.
- Schools can now add a custom web link to the Portal login page. You can use this to link to handy information, like school open morning details, achievements or anything else detailed on a web page.
Engage v2020.08 and the accompanying release notes with a full explanation of the changes can be accessed on the Support Centre. Schools on our cloud-hosted platform are in the process of being upgraded and will be notified by our technical team accordingly.
Engage 2020.08 webinar
We will also hold a Engage 2020.08 run-through webinar this coming Wednesday 7 October at 1000 UK (0900 UTC). Access is free – please book on our Engage Events page here.