‘v2.08 sees a major usability-rich upgrade to Engage,’ said Paul Rastall, Double First’s Software Development Manager.
The impact of the following list is significant, and covers many areas of the program,
- Over 464 procedures made far simpler
- The maximum number of periods in attendance extended to 20
- New period structure option in attendance allows periods of different lengths
- New spell checker in notes window – underlines words spelt incorrectly with suggested replacements
- Parent codes now visible in more areas of the program
- New warning messages to help Fee users
- Improvements to Fee Invoice layouts
- Improved search facilities when setting up contacts within Fees
- The ability to allocate charges to pupils for the next year
- Enhances Groups and Filters
- Instantly viewable teacher comments on Class Marksheets
- More Crystal Listings
- All future releases will be available for customers to download from the Our World area of Double First’s website.
‘This is a key step forward,’ said Carole Denman, Operations Manager. ‘After v2.08, customers will be able to upgrade Engage themselves overnight.
‘This is far more convenient since it means virtually no down-time. Since Engage is a total MIS, managing school information across the whole school, it means that many users are accessing it all day. Therefore, to prevent down-time, overnight upgrades had to be the way forward.’