After careful examination of the risks and working in close consultation with the school our APAC User Group Conference is going ahead. See below for the lost o precautions that are being put in place.
About the APAC User Group Conference
Our two-day User Group Conferences are free to attend, with only your travel and accommodation costs to cover. They are ideal opportunities to meet members of the Engage staff from across the support teams as well as benefit from networking time with other local Engage schools.
Engage staff in attendance will include
- Andrew Kemp – Regional Manager
- Mike Taylor – Operations Director
- Callum Shawdale-Mabon – Reports Team
- Mark Hodgson – Finance Trainer
- Andrea Yates – Engagement Officer
Although this event is free to attend for all users of currently licensed Engage installations, note that pre-booking is essential.
Additional networking day
An additional networking day had been planned for 16 February but this has now been cancelled as a result of the sensible Coronavirus precautions that have been put in place by our hosts. The tour would have taken delegates into areas of contact with large numbers of tourists and it is seen as sensible to avoid that risk currently.
We have secured preferential rates of 2000 THB per room per night, for a Deluxe room, including breakfast, for any bookings made at The Dara Hotel Phuket. Please email the hotel directly on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote ‘Training HeadStart’ when booking your room. The rate is available for bookings made before 5 January 2020. Please note we cannot guarantee availability.
A series of precautions have been put in place at HeadStart International School. These currently include:
- Anyone entering the school site is having their temperature taken with a hand-held forehead scanner. If anyone has a temperature above 38C they are not being allowed to enter and are advised to seek medical advice immediately.
- Anyone who has visited, or transit through (even if just through the airport) 14 named cities* in China, since the 5 January, will be refused entry. This is by self-declaration, but the school has clear notices not to enter the site if this is the case. This policy might be widened to anyone who has been to/through mainland China.
- Once through the turnstiles it is compulsory to wash hands with alcohol/antibac gel, these are provided on each turnstile.
- In order to enter the Canteen, hands must be sanitised again using antibac gel.
- If any member of the community exhibits symptoms, or have come into contact with those that have, they must remain off site for 14 days.
The school will continue to monitor advice from Thailand’s Ministries of Public Health and Education and are following the instructions and regulations that they are laying down. We will inform delegates of any changes.
*The 14 cities are Lichuan, Enshi, Dangyang, Yichang, Zhijiang, Jingmen, Qianjian, Xiantao, Chibi, Wuhan, Xianning, Huanggang, Ezhou and Huangshi