The regular release programme the we run for Engage provides a platform not only to deliver enhancements from our continuous development programme in a timely manner, but also to accommodate changes in educational requirements.
The December release of Engage (2018.12) being a case in point, as it contains the SLASC (UK School-Level Annual Schools Census) and ISC (Independent Schools Council) Returns for January 2019.
Updates for the SLASC Return
- Updates to the validation rules
- Updates to the XML file generated for upload
- Updates to Engage to allow the Is Teacher and Is Part Time flags to be set against the staff members post/service agreement record rather than the staff member globally. This is to allow for staff members with multiple posts/service agreements to be recorded correctly
- Addition of the National Insurance number field to Annex C Part A, Part Bii and Part Biii, which is now a required data element.
Updates for the ISC Return
- Addition of validation within Engage to ensure pupil numbers are consistent across all areas of the return
- Updates to the XMLl file generated for upload
- Addition of a deferred check box against the UK University and Overseas University options to allow for deferred entries to be recorded.
Updated User Guides for the SLASC and ISC 2019 Return can be found on the Support Cntre under Downloads > User Guides: Engage
- Census – SLASC Return 2019 User Guide
- Census – ISC Return 2019 User Guide
The Engage 2018.12 release will be available shortly via our Support Centre for schools that self-host their installation. Schools using our secure cloud hosting will receive update notifications in the usual way.